Thursday, March 12, 2015

Birthday Card made with my Cricut Explore by a 4 year old

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...My Granddaughter turned 4 last month.  I needed to make her Birthday card and I wanted to try the penny spinner.  So I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and this is my take.  Well actually it is her take on it.  I started with the birthday category in Cricut Design Space 2.0.  She loved the image Layer Birthday Cake #M47691 Smiley Cards.  I decided to start with that so I then used the circle from Art Philosophy I ungrouped the circle and made the actual circle large enough for the card.  I then took the border circle and put it were I though it should go to be the cutout and then used the slice feature to make the cutout where the spinner would go.  Sounds confusing but it is very simple.  I will make a how to video on this one.  Leave me a comment if you want the video.
The Balloons are Balloon #M4429F Birthday Bash I used the flatten feature so that I could just print then cut them out because she wanted those colors.  I laid out some white twine and let her run my ShinHan markers over the twine.  One color and then another until we had enough for each balloon.  Then I just tied them with a piece of white twine and made a bow.
She pick out all the colors for each thing and colored her own background just the way she wanted it. Even though they are not colors that I would have pick she loved them and that is good enough for me.  I can't wait to see what she does as she gets older.

On the Sunday morning after her birthday she called me and says "guess what Grandma!  What I said.  I am 4"!  Why yes you are!  She was very excited
Here is her finished card and she loved it.  The cake spins around by itself and also spins around circle


No comments:

Post a Comment