Thursday, June 16, 2016

Making Signs

During the winter when the Driftwood floats up on the shore at the lake I try to collect it and keep pieces that have some character to them. This piece came floating up and already had greyish blue paint on it. They were going to throw it out but luckily I saw it . I knew I wanted to make a sign with it but wasn't sure what to put on it. I was at the store local hardware store and saw one similar and I knew I wanted to put relax you're on Lake time on it. Since it already had the grayish blue paint. I thought I would just keep that and use the red paint that I had for the top part. I cut out all words using black vinyl on my Cricut Explore. Weeding all the little pieces off is the time-consuming part and then I adhered the vinyl to the wood.  Then I put the red paint on top making it look distressed. After the paint dries I pull up all the vinyl  to reveal the background color.  I think it turned out pretty good don't you? When were out in the boat now, we look on the shoreline to see if we can find any more driftwood that would work for signs. We have found quite a bit I guess it helps keep it out of the landfill so it's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment