Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Fun Road Trips Of My Summer Part 1

We love to go on day Road Trips with our friends Bob and Bert.  This week we went on 2.  Our first was to Montgomery Woods State Natural Reserve.  What a beautiful spot near Ukiah, California.  I just love the Redwoods and I am always amazed at their size.
I can't believe I have been going to Clearlake since I was 4 years old and we never traveled very far from the Lake.  Things have change now and we try to do something that we have never done before. That will leave us with plenty to do for a long time.  So I guess its a good thing that we did go around a lot.


This was one of the trees that I stood at the base and tried to get a shot from the bottom to the top.  Nope you cant see the top.  



The creeks are dry now but I love this shot.  It will be fun to go back and see it with the water.


There are 2 Monarch Butterflies one on each end of the big rock.  Do you see them?  I could just sit and watch the leaves float by on the water.


I just love ferns and moss and in the redwoods you see them both.  I love all the leaves on the ground.  Fall is on of my favorite times of the year.  I know that some will say that we don't get all the colors in California that you get back east and I must admit that I have never been back east in the Fall.  So one of these day I will have to take a trip and see it for myself.  Until then I will love looking at what I have in my back yard.

In a couple of days we will be heading off on another adventure.  Wonder where it will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment