Ah, home sweet home, where we get to decorate to our heart’s delight! Add these beautiful DIY dècor pieces to your home to live inspired every day. We’ve chosen a sleek color scheme of Grey Flannel, Black, and White Daisy, with a pop of Pear, and we used the graphic flowers from the My Acrylix®Dreamin’ Workshop set to add subtle texture to the White Daisy paper in the desk calendar and art canvas. Here are a few hints for you as you create these chic projects.
- Create the triangular base of this calendar by folding a 12" × 12" piece of chipboard at the 3" and 7 1/2" marks.
- Insert three pins from the Bling assortment (Z1466) and clip the sharp ends if they protrude too much. (Tip: You can use hot glue on the back to anchor the pins.)
- Cut twelve 3 1/2" scalloped squares from Pear cardstock using the
shape on the Cricut® Art Philosophy cartridge (Z1686) and sponge the edges with Pear ink.
- Cut twelve 3 1/2" squares from Grey Flannel cardstock and sponge edges with Grey Flannel ink.
- Use the 3" chipboard squares from the My Creations® memory game (Z1614) for the date tiles. Stamp the background flower pattern in second generation using Grey Flannel ink and then stamp the month or numbers with black StazOn® ink. Sponge the edges with Grey Flannel ink. (Tip: Stamp two of numbers 1 and 2. Stamp one each of numbers 3 – 9 and 0.)
- Back each month and date tile with the 24 pieces of cardstock and then punch a hole in the top for easy hanging.
- Cut a piece of cardstock to the size of your canvas. (Tip: Do all your stamping and inking first before attaching the cardstock to the canvas.)
- Select four or five alphabet stamp sets, varying the size and styles. (Tip: You can create this “subway art” look with whatever alphabet sets you have on hand.)
- Choose a few simple icon stamps to fill in empty areas.
- Play around with the placement and spacing of the letters and icons before stamping.
- Stamp the words and icons with black StazOn® ink.
- Attach the finished cardstock piece using a thin coat of Mod Podge applied to the canvas.
- Cut out 130 2" scalloped circles from Grey Flannel cardstock using the
shape on the Cricut® Art Philosophy cartridge (Z1686) or by punching the circles using the 2" scallop circle punch (Z1392).
- Staple the circles together in stacks of five.
- Squeeze and scrunch the edges then adhere two stapled sets together on the flat sides to create a spherical shape.
- Sponge edges with Grey Flannel ink if desired.
- Place the finished flowers inside a glass carafe or vase.
- Wrap Sweet Leaf ribbon from the Designer Ribbon green collection (Z1616) around the neck of the vase to accent.