Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Mixed Media Art Work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...I have a new passion and it is mixed media.  I went to my friend Lori's house over the weekend and this is what I created.  I used the Heartstrings paper pack to make this.  The Princess is a Julie Nutting Doll cling rubber stamp.  Lori had 8x10 canvases that she bought at Michael's.  They come in a 10 pack. Guess I will be getting that pack for sure.  Craft paint in several colors,  3 shades of pink and 2 shade of blue and one off white.

You just rip the paper that you want to use and then lay it out any way you want it.  You will then Modge Podge the canvas and the back of the paper.  Place it on the canvas and give the whole thing another coat over the top.  Let this dry.  While it is drying you can stamp out the doll Which is a Julie Nutting you can find them on Amazon.com .  I stamped it 3 times to get all the parts of the dress.  I also stamped the gloves in White Daisy.
When the canvas is completely dry you can just brush random color of paint over the paper.  You can use bubble wrap with paint on it to give texture to it too.  I used a stencil and painted over the stencil then lifted it off.  I did this in a couple of colors...  Don't worry because if you make a mistake just paint over it and you can also spray some water on it to smooth it out too.
Be sure to paint an area that you can write on.
Layer the pieces on on the doll with Modge Podge.  Let this dry.
Then the fun part begins.  Get all you embellishments out and start playing until you have what you like.  I added pearls for a necklace and an earring.   Flower, leaves, some sequins and I can't forget the lace.  I used the Golden Yellow ShinHan marker to color her hair.  I really like how it turned out.
This one will be going to my Granddaughter who will be 4 soon.
Would you like to make on?  Just let me know michelesinkitstampit@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment