Sunday, June 9, 2019

Business Sign for my Sister-In-Law

I was asked by my Sister-In-Law Lani to make a sign for her.  She will use it at her Craft Shows.  She makes bags and purses.  I asked her a few questions about how she wanted it to look.  She will be using an EZ-Up at her shows so it couldn't be made out of anything to heavy or to light.  After searching my drift wood pile I decided that I had nothing that would work or was the right size.  We went to dinner at my friend Bert's who has a bigger pile of drift wood and I found the perfect size of wood and it was also light weight.  It ended up being 7"x17"'s Perfect!
Now to design it.  I searched on Cricut Design Space for bag and it came up with some pictures of a lady holding some bags.  I showed them to Lani and she picked out the one she wanted.  Next we needed to pick a font.  I pick out a couple that I thought would work best on the sign and be legible from a distance and she choose the one she liked.
I made a rectangle in DS for the shapes and sized it to the board that I will be using.  After adding all my images and words to fit on the board (rectangle) I cut it out on some contact paper.
I then painted my board black because that is what I wanted the letters to be.  After letting the paint dry I then applied the Contact Paper to the board and made sure it was stuck down good.  Then I painted over the whole thing in black again.  This prevents bleeding.  After that dried I applied a thick coat of White Waverly paint from Walmart over the black

I forgot to take a picture of the 2 coats of black.  But here it is with the vinyl and White paint on top



Here is the finished piece after peeling off the vinyl to reveal the black underneath.  I think it turned out just fine.


Here are just a few of the bags that she is making


#michelesinkitstampit 

No comments:

Post a Comment