Thursday, September 8, 2011

Card Making at the Lake

This year we did something new for this holiday my SIL had everyone bring a card to make for 10. If you didn't bring a card to make then you brought snacks for everyone.  Saturday night we had a Turkey Dinner with all the fixing.  I always make at least 10lbs of Mashed Potatoes when we have Turkey.  Sunday the Dads kept all the kids and we spent most of the day card making.  Everyone taught a technique and their card.  I brought my Cricut and my Gypsy so everyone could try it out.  It was so much fun.  Here are the cards we made.
Our first card was made by Kathy.  Her favorite cartridge is Life's a beach.

The Second card was made by Jodie.  She used the Country Life cartridge.

This one was created by SIL Debb this was cut from the Songbird cartridge.

Lani my SIL is a Stampin up consultant and these are the two that she taught us.

Lani forgot her oval punch so we cut out ovals and leaves on the Cricut.  I just love my Cricut.
Jenn my DIL made this card using the September Stamp Of The Month.


I recreated a card from the Idea book on page 32 with the Dreamin Paper Pack and a flower and tag  cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.

I also made a paper lunch bag card but I can't find it to take a picture of.  Oh well next time.  Everyone came up with some cute cards I can't wait until next time.
What a fun weekend we had with all the extended family and friends.  It was a great way to end the summer.  It was like a prelude to Thanksgiving with the Turkey Dinner.  "It was the best Turkey I ever ate".  Mike my nephew makes the best Gravy and Tom BBQ's the Turkeys, yes Turkeys they were so tender and juicy.  I hand mashed 10lbs of potatoes.  Everyone brought a side dish and my niece Amy made Pumpkin Pie.  Well lets just say that if you when home hungry it was your own fault. 
The next day we had Turkey sandwiches and they were so good.  I can still taste it.
I hope that you all had a fun and safe holiday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment