Friday, September 9, 2011

Fixing Mistakes tip and Shipping my Cards tip

I am using this card in the H2H Challange this week too.  Stop by and check out what the others have done too.
When I was making my card for our Cards at the Lake I cut one piece of paper at the wrong size.  I hate to waste my paper so I decided to see if I could work it into the design.  I was using the card on page 32 from the CMTH Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book.  I started to cut the orange strip and realized that I was cutting it the wrong size so I stopped and cut it the right size.  It was only about 3/4" long slice.  OOOOPS!
I thought well maybe I can still use it and not have to cut another piece.  So I sponged the edges just like I wanted for the card.  The picture in the Idea Book has 2 wooden buttons but I will try to hide the cut with a ribbon instead.  I used some sheer chocolate polka dot ribbon from my stash.
I also move the scalloped oval C1463 Harvest Happiness on page 35 over the the Rt more and stamped a couple of extra flowers.  I love this stamp set C1465 Unscripted it is on page 36.
I wanted to add some Pacifica ink because I thought the blue would be a nice touch to my card.  I also added some Autumn Terracotta ink as well.  I like how it turned out.  What do you think?

I think the ribbon hides the cut and you can't even see it at all.  I also used the a different flower from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. I used Banner 1> Font at 3".  I was very happy with the way it came out.  I just can't say enough about the Art Philosophy cartridge and not just because it is CMTH.  It really has a little bit of everything on it and you can do so much with all the basic shapes. It has circles, squares, ovals, rectangles, and scallops in every size.  For me that means no more carrying around several extra pounds of punches.  I have it all loaded onto my Gypsy and off I go.  I know I have what I need right at my finger tips.

When I ship my cards and they have something that sticks up like my flower.  I will use a slice from toilet paper roll or a paper towel roll (the cardboard part when the paper is gone) and place it around the object.  If I need to I will cut the tube and splice as many as needed to fit around what I want to protect. 

Remember there are no mistakes in scrapbooking.  Okay, Okay maybe a few.  But try to use them like a challenge.
Let me know if this helped you out?  Or what you have done.
Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful card... and I so agree with you about "mistakes"... sometimes what you get is in the end is even better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. inspiring card. love the idea about cutting the toilet paper roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not a mistake, it's an opportunity for embellishment! Lovely card! Thanks so much for the paper towel tube tip for mailing. All of us at H2H Challenges appreciate you joining us and sharing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! I love the turned down corner too! Thanks for the awesome mailing tip!

    ReplyDelete