Saturday, March 8, 2014

Cricut Explore Meets Mickey and Friends and Artiste


Here is a Birthday card I made for my Grand Nephew.  He is also turning 3 he and my Granddaughter are 10 days apart.  How fun is that!  I wanted to cut small and intricate shapes to really give my new Cricut Explore a test drive and find out what I could really do and how small it would go.  I had just done the Hello Kitty at 1" with no problem now for Mickey.
While I am doing this I am going to make 12 more for my Kard Klub Swap just to show the ladies what the Cricut Explore can do.  Our theme this month is Disney.
So here we go!
Mickey was so easy you just select the one you want.  I chose the one where he is lying down.  He is also 1" tall and about 2 3/4" wide.  When he come onto the mat from the Cricut Design Space he is all in one piece with all the layers you need.  No more guessing what you need and what size.  You just size it all at one time then when you hit go it puts each piece in a different layers on a different mat.  You can also select how many total you want.  I put in 13 so it cut 13 of each piece.   So really all you do is put the paper on the mat that you want for that layer and hit cut.  Simple as that.  REALLY!!!  It shows me that it will take 18 mats to do this project.
You can see where it is going to cut so you just place you scrap there or put a 12x12 on the mat.
This is his tongue and it is less than 1/16" and they are cut perfectly.  I just used a scrap that was about a 1/2" larger that what I needed.

Yes that was the new mat that came with my Explore.  I have cut none stop since I have gotten it.  But I guess you can tell that from all the marks on my mat.  So many project so little time!
Here are the Mickey's all put together and the hands' border that I welded 2 together after ungrouping and then put the back together.  I did sponge his face with Taffy and Blush to give it some life too.  I did this while it was still on the cutting mat and before I took off the surrounding sheet.  That way no ink go on the mat.

So here it is!  I love how it turned out!

What do you think?
The card is a cut from the Artiste cartridge it is one of the folders.  I have wanted to use this one for a long time I cut it out of Sweet Leaf.
Oh Yes one last thing did you notice the CIRCLE in the back it is perfect.  Yes the Cricut Explore will cut perfect circles now!!!!!!


All the products used are Close To My Heart.
Kraft
Honey
Gypsy
Buttercup
Daisy White
Black
Ruby
Sky
Pear
Pacifica
Sweet Leaf
The 2 papers I used are discontined but I am using up my stach
The Stamp set is an old one too it is C1366 Fringed Phrases

If you have any questions just let me know.  Leave me a comment and I will get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment