Saturday, February 7, 2015

Mixed Media Art Class

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...I gave a mixed media art class to a couple of friends that are regulars in my Card Classes too.  They both wanted to make them for specific rooms.  Pam wanted it for her newly updated Master bathroom.  Jeannine wanted hers for her scrapbook room.  So we started by picking paper from my stash.  They then picked there colors for the canvas.
These are so fun to make and if you don't like any part of it you just modge podge more paper or paint over what every you don't like.  You can keep doing it until you have what you want.  It makes it fool proof.

I think they had a good time.  They painted, sponged, textured, and blinged, how fun is that.

Here is a close of Pam's


Here is a close of Jeannine's

I think one of the fun things is to go through my stash for all the things you can place all around.
FYI- we tried to stamp on the canvas and that did not work to well.  After they left I thought we should have stamped on tissue paper with StazOn then tore around the stamped image and then Modge Podged it on the canvas.  Not sure why I couldn't think of that while we were working but that is how it is sometimes.

The stamp is a Julie Nutting stamp I got on Amazon.com
The stencil I made from the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge I cut out several different ones so they could choose which one they wanted to use.
The paper is all CTMH from my discontinued stash.
The bling is also CTMH from my discontinued stash.
The flowers and butterflies are CTMH from my discontinued stash.
The key and metal flowers are CTMH from my discontinued stash.

I would love for you to join me in one of my classes!

In case you didn't see the one I made here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment