Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Just A Tag For My Junk Journal

Here is a tag that I made using the bottom of my box of beads that I got at Hobby Lobby.  I used a free printable from Calico Collage and cut the ruler out.  I applied it to the left side and then applied the paper on the right which was also a free printable.  The paper on the right did not go all the way to the bottom.  I did sponge all the edges of the paper as well as the edges of the tag itself with CTMH Chocolate ink.   It sat on my desk all day and part of the next one, because I could not figure out what to do next.  
My Birthday was coming up in a couple of days and a friend gave me a gift and told me to open it later on.  After I got home I  opened the gift and found a cute mug for my morning Tea.  The mug was wrapped in a beautiful tissue paper that you can see in the photo.  I almost screamed when I saw it, Love when that happens.  I knew instantly that I would use it on my tag.  I tore off a piece and put in in the open spot at the bottom of the tag.  It was bigger than I needed so I tore off more.  I sponged the edges with the CTMH Chocolate ink then I glued the bottom edge and left the top open for a little tuck spot.  
I too the other piece of the tissue paper that I had left and put some glue on the center Rt side, then tore it off on the edge.  I thought it ended up looking like half of a dress form and I liked how it looked.
It still needed something so I added a piece to the top left.  I really like how it was coming together.   


Then I pulled out some lace and a roll of burlap ribbon and used it on the top of the tag in the hole.  It was a bit to long so I cut of a little hunk.  I liked how the little hunk that was left so I placed it down the edge of the ruler and put a dab of glue and stuck it down.
It still needed a bit of something.  I had 5 little roses sitting out that were each different colors and found that the Peach one looked the best.  I then cut out the tickets from the same free printable and tucked them in the little pocket at the bottom



Cant wait for you to see it when I do my final Walk Through!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

  1. Michele, that is so cute. You are incredibly creative and can find some sort of purpose for everything. I love it! Thanks for always sharing your creativity with us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brenda for the kind words. I love to create but sometimes is takes a long time to get it done.

    ReplyDelete