Friday, January 18, 2019

Getting Your Cricut Out of the Box Class 101

Last weekend I did my first Get Your Cricut Out of the Box Class at my not so local Scrapbook store It's All About the Scrapbook in Dixon, California.  The owner kept asking me to do it and that she knew it would sell out fast.  We set it up for Jan 12 from 10-1.  This is one of the last ones left and we really need to support them.

They came from Grass Valley and King City.  They had to drive hours to get there and they all said that no one offers Cricut classes.  I feel very blessed and excited that they came from far and near.

I am so glad that I did it!  I can really see a need of classes like this.  It is just easier to have hands on instruction as you go.

The class sold out within a couple of days, so the owner called me and we set up another for latter that afternoon  from 3-6.  That one sold out soon after it opened.  I am now set up to do this 101 and a progression of Cricut classes every month this year.  So I am now booked up until Jan of 2020. WOW!

I was very nervous, although I have had a Cricut and use if almost daily since 2006.  I was worried I would be clear or get them started on the right foot.  If you have a Cricut or any machine there is always a learning curve and some frustration that goes along with it.  I started prepping for the class way ahead of time.  Trying to go step by step in my description as well as my outline.

I love teaching  others all about my passion of Cricut and what it can do.  Just ask any of my friends and they will tell you how much I love my Cricut.  LOL!

The morning of the 12 arrived and people were arriving and the next thing I knew it was 6:30 and everyone was gone.  In each class there were 15 eager students who came to learn.  Some had not opened their boxes and some had.  Some of them were more advanced and were still able to learn a new trick or two.  It was nice hearing "I had now idea I could do that"  from the more advanced students.

I really did try to do it like A,B,C and cover everything you see on the Canvas and what it was used for.

I have already gotten quite a few wanting private classes to answer questions that some of them have on projects they want to do or are already trying to do.

I can't wait to show them more!

The classes went by so fast that I never go any picture or video's or even a go live for FB done.  But there is always next,!

I have already tweaked my outline to make it go a little smother so it should only get better from here!

Now to work on Cricut 102!

I have decided to do Video's that will go along with my classes,  They will just cover one step and they will be under 5 min.  I am starting with How to Load Your Cricut Mat into the machine.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment