Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Recipe Boxes, Picture Boxes, or Secret keepers

Yesterday was Graduation Day for my Grandson. 
We made Recipe Boxes for the Awesome Staff at his pre-school and they were personalized for each one.  My Daughter-In-Law and I made them.  They are perfect for 4x6 cards, pictures, recipes or what ever else you want to keep safe.
Well my Daughter-In-Law came up with the ideas for each and I just helped her by sponging the color and doing some of the embossing.  I got to be her assistant for this job. 
Team work makes things go faster.  I am so lucky that we get along so well and I love doing projects with her.

Theses two were made for Mrs. Nancy and Mrs. Carol  they both live in the country.  We also used the spray pen with pearl paint, Chocolate re-inker, and water then just mist over the box.  It adds a shine and shimmer to the boxes.  I love using the spray pen.  It does not show up in the photo but it really gives a finishing touch to the project. It is embossed with Cocoa Z1246.

One of the Stamp Set that was used is Dreams Come True D1470 and stamp with Black Z2130 ink. The other inks sponged on are Vineyard Berry Z2157, and Twilight Z2160  We used Chocolate re-inker Z2211 in a spray pen Z1380 and a couple drops of water and 2 drops of Create-a-shade Pearl Paint you just shake it up real good and spay it on your project it adds shimmer with a little color to it.
This stamp set used is the one that comes in the kit for the month of May, You and Me.  This is a versatile stamp set.  It is embossed with Black Z670.
 This stamp set Dreams Come True D1470 and stamp with Black Z2130 ink. The other inks sponged on are Vineyard Berry Z2157, and Twilight Z2160 has some fun and useful elements to it. I have used it on several project now.   It is Embossed with Black Z670.

 The colors here are more pastel so they don't show up very well but it has a Hawaiian theme to it. Pineapples, umbrellas, Palm Trees, and Hibiscus flowers.  I have not been to Hawaii since I was a little girl but I have used this stamp set a lot.  The Stamp Set is Extreme Happiness C1356.  It is Embossed with (lime green, yellow both are older powers that are not available now), and Baby Pink Z648.  I cut the flower from Mother's Day Bouquet 2011 the brad in the center is Z1274.
 This is another stamp set that I use a lot.  I have used it to make invitations for a garden wedding.
This one is for a Cowboy's NFL fan.  Chipboard stars were popped up with glue dots and a light coat of silver was sponged randomly over the box.  The Stamp Sets are Star Power D1403, and Shining Star D1320

No comments:

Post a Comment