Saturday, June 2, 2012

Red, White, and Blue

I think that 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays.  I love the colors, parade's, BBQ's and all the decorations to go along with it.  I was at a card class that a friend Mary had last month and we made a card like this for Father's Day with earth tones.  Mary does not have a blog or I would link up to it.  She is very talented and I have a great time going to her classes.  I used the concept for this card.  I taught it in my class as a Red, White, and Blue card.  With her permission of course. 
What a great way to use up those little strips.  Now you know what to do with them too.
I used my Xyron to add sticky to a piece of Cranberry cardstock.  I cut it to the width that would just fit in my Xyron.  That is the easy way to make the whole piece sticky.
Then using strips of 1/4" and 1/2" wide any length will do.  You just start arranging them and cutting them to fit the way you like.  There is no wrong or right way, just your way.  They will all be different.
Next I backed it with a Black mat.  Cut a square and a mat and stamped it.  The card is a tri-fold and of course some Cranberry ribbon.

Cardstock:  Moonstruck, Black, Cranberry, Daisy White
Exclusive Inks:  Z2134 Moonstruck, Z2116 Cranberry
Stamp Set:  D1458 American Celebration
Paper Pack Superhero, and any leftovers from my stash that were red, white, or blue.  (It is so fun to use it all up)!!!!
Let me know what you do with your leftovers........

No comments:

Post a Comment