Sunday, June 5, 2011

An Album for my Grandson

My Grand daughter and I were working in my scrapbook room on her scrapbook.  My Grandson now is 5 came to me and said "Grandma how come I don't have a scrapbook"!  I said well you will now.  So I got out my chipboard stach and went through it to find two pieces about the same size.  I found two that I could cut to 91/2 x 93/4. I use my corner rounder on the right sides, punched two holes with my crop-a-dile and whala  an album was made.  I loaded it with some 9x9 page protectors that I had.  Put 2 binder rings in. Then Cut some Colonial White cardstock and placed in side the page protectors.  For the Cover I use some of the papers that were out on my table from a previous project.  It was from the Lucky Level 2 Pack.  Then I added some ribbon on the cover and to the binder rings.  This is what it looks like. 
The Stamp Set is a discontinued one from CMTH
The R is cut from my Cricut using Blackletter at 2" a long time ago and just taped on my dry erase board.
All the pieces were left over so I used them as is.
The jean and levis were stamped in Outdoor Denim cut and torn to look like an old piece of the seams on jeans these were the only 2 pieces that I had to make for this cover.
One scrap of paper is from Wings level 2 paper pack.
I sponge the edges with Outdoor Denim.
Since every thing was already in my scrapbook room. It only took me about 20 min. to assemble. It took me way longer to type this up. I had some left over stars and circle punches from the Celebrate Card below that I tucked inside of the first page for him to use as he would like.
He had the biggest smile on his face when I gave it to him.  He gets to deside what goes into it.  He put pics of his cousins and family.

This was a very fun project and it made him happy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment