Monday, July 30, 2012

Card and Sweet Treat Holder from the July Card Class #2

I have been making 1 Christmas card each month in my Class to get a jump on Christmas.  This month I wanted to make a hanging ornament so I created this one in my Gypsy using the Art Philosophy cartridge.  Using Olive cardstock and a page from the new Pear & Partridge Paper Packet.  You are going to love this one!  New Products will be available Aug 1st.
Here I used the card layer from page 47 and hid the cutout in the center.  I put the oval from the center of the Decorative Layer hiding everything but the oval and placed in the center near the top.  Creating a second layer in the Gypsy I cut out the Decorative Layer/S the same size as the oval so they would match up.  I also put the sweet treat tag on this layer.  In the 4th layer I use the ornament from Layer/S I cut 2 out of the new Ruby.  In the 5th layer I cut out Shape2 from page 36 to use for the pop up part of the Title in Colonial White which I stamped with Christmas Love D1492 in Ruby.  I just masked off the Star.  If you don't have a Gypsy you can do the same thing in the Cricut Craftroom. 
I randomly stamped the background on the card using 3 of the stamps from Happy Clusters C1471
The Sweet Treat Holder is scored and folded to have a flat bottom.
The Sky really is the limit!!!  If you can imagine it you can make it.  Give it a try and see what you come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment