Sunday, July 29, 2012

July's Card Class

Here is one of the cards that we made in class.  Using my Gypsy and the butterfly card from page 55 in the Art Philosophy handbook at 8 1/2",  I added the Decorative Layer oval from page 55 and the hide feature on the outside layer leaving only the oval.  I then placed it in the center at the topof the front of the card.   I created another layer and cut the Decorative Layer/Shift and used the same measurements as the oval that I made before so it would make a frame. 
I cut out the tag with the matching butterfly, bttrfly2 added in my Gypsy and rotated at 45degrees.  Then cut 2 flowers, the border on the tag is a leftover piece from my 4th of July Cards.  I keep all my little leftover pieces and they do come in handy.
I love creating things in my Gypsy.

All the products used are Close to my Heart.
Cardstock:  Baby Pink, Daisy White, Hollyhock.
Exclusive Inks:  Blush, Hollyhock
Art Philosophy Z1686  Cricut cartridge
Ribbon is from the pink collection.

I sponged all the edges and closed the card and sponged over the butterflies so the soft shapes of the butterflies transferred to the inside of the card too.
Hope you try something new too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment