Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What did you make for Lunch

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Today I was watching a cooking show on Netflix called Chef's Table.  It is always interesting to me to see what others have had to go through to get where they are and the Why to their story.  Well you can guess that watching this show made me hungry.  I had one Apple in my fruit basket and I had made some rolls earlier.  My Mom who will be 95 soon loves Grilled Cheese I knew I had some Brie left over and so I decided to make a Grilled Brie with Apple sandwich.  I first sauteed the Apples in some Coconut Oil and sprinkled with Cinnamon.  Not very creative but sometimes you have to work with what you have.  LOL!

I have a GE Monogram cooktop, it is induction.  I love it it cooks so fast.  It boils water in 90 seconds so you do have to watch what you are doing you cannot put oil in and walk away it heats up fast. You do have to stay on top of it.
I do have to say that I love my cooktop.  I got a set of Cuisinart pot and pans that work with induction-
Induction elements use electricity to produce a magnetic field that reacts with the iron in metal cookware - including cast iron and magnetic stainless steel pans - and transfers the heat to the cookware.

The Apples that I cooked were to thick so I sliced them in half again. The Brie comes from Costco.  It is made in a little town in France at a butter and cheese co-op on the Normandy Coast.  When I saw that Costco sold it I was blown away.

I cut one slice of the Brie and broke it in 2 and placed it on the roll with 3 slices of Apple and then I drizzled honey over that and put the top roll on and placed it back in the same pan I did the Apples in.


This was a great lunch and my Mom who is a very picky eater ate 2 of them.  She says oh I love Brie and smiles.


No comments:

Post a Comment