Friday, May 11, 2018

Notepad Folio

I am making several of these Note Pad Folios.  They are quick, easy and fun to make.  They take 4 sheets of pattern paper so it is a great way to use up any leftovers that you might have.  I use 2 sheets of 2 different paper.  I wanted to take them to a craft fair that I was in to see how they would sell.  I thought these would be great for Teacher Appreciation or a hostess gift.  They would even make a great Thank you gift.  I thought that making 6 of them would be a good start.  If they didn't sell, well then I would have some gifts already made to give away.  Its a win, win!

Here is the front, I followed a video on YouTube from Your Book of Memories.  I used paper from my stash tub and found 2 sheets that I like and that would go together.  Luckily I  keep my papers packs together in the clear bags so that way I can see what I have when I am looking for a certain one.  That really helps for things like these.   I used scrap pieces of white for the banner pieces, mat.  I love how it turned out.  I just doodled inside the white pieces and wrote Notes on the front.


This is the inside and it will hold a pen, a pad of paper, and has a pocket to hold things you need.
I added a cute topper to the notepad and just used a CTMH scallop border punch.  I bought the notepads at the dollar store and the pens were on sale at Staples.  They came in assorted colors so I was able to match each book and pen.  Fun when that works out.  I will be making more of these for sure.


Here you can see that I used a ribbon closure that is just one long piece.  This too is from my stash.
the dimensions are 8 1/4" x 5 1/2" x 3/4".


I did them all assembly line style. I cut all the chipboard fist.  Added my score tape, then covered the book with cardstock, then cut out all my patterned paper, then added the score tape.


 Next, I added all the paper to the inside.


You can see that I used a lot of score tape.  I get mine on Amazon.  I have used glues and other double-sided tapes and Score Tape seems to work the best and hold too.


Next, I cut the pockets from the same cardstock as the book and covered it with a coordinating patterned paper.  Then I made the pocket out of the same cardstock as the book and covered it with the coordinating paper too.  That is not in the picture???  Guess I miss that one.  LOL!


You can see the first photo at the top how I did the fronts they were all pretty much the same.  I did sell 2 of these.  Not much sold for anyone but I did have a great time.  Like I said above, I now have some gifts on hand to use.

Thanks for stopping by.  If you make one let me know I would love to see them.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute and I love the idea of using them for gifts. A few years back I made a similar notepad but it was smaller. I like the idea of adding a pocket on the inside front flap as well as the pen. I think it would be great to keep one of those in the car. Cool project, Michele. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I bet a smaller one is handy too. The pocket comes in handy. I really like how fast they come together.

      Delete