Friday, May 4, 2018

Postcard Perfect Mini Album

Postcard Perfect CC5185 is a new paper pack from Close to My Heart.  I just love the colors and how they are perfect for a trip we just took to Kauai.
Because my album was 8 1/2" by 8 1/2" with a 4" spine I needed more paper that was in my pack.  The great part about CTMH is that the color palette matches with other paper packs.  So off to my stash I went and sure enough, I found quite a few papers in older packs that would match perfectly.  Like Hello Lovely,  Whimsy Fundamentals, (the Fundamentals paper packs are great to use along with our Seasonal paper packs) just to name a few.  I love being able to use things from my stash. That way I do feel so bad hoarding it.  LOL
I followed the tutorial from Country Craft Creations.  It originally was a Country Kitchen album.
The cut-a-part page has so many cute things on it and I will be using them all.  Well except for the flamingo.  Last time I checked there were no flamingos in Hawaii.  I just Covered up most of the flamingos with photos or embellishments.
Here is the front cover.  I used some of the cut-a-parts on the cover and I like how it turned out.  It is not done yet. I love the spine it is in 3 sections and on the inside are just 3 pages.


This is the inside cover and the front of the first page of the first section.  3 of the papers used on these 2 pages are from my stash and you would never know that they didn't go together.  You can see some of the cut-a-parts below the book on my table.


Next pages I use parts from the Cut Above Kit CC5182.  These are meant to be used as a Scrapbook layout but you know me, I have to use them in other ways too!  The Cut Above paper is the back paper on these pages.  You can only see the leaves below


These are all from the Postcard Perfect papers.  The left side is a pocket page.  This is where I will put some of my photo from the Kawaiele Waterbird Sanctuary.


Here I used papers from my Stash.  Under the 2 flip out photo holders are paper from the Postcard Perfect.


You can see the back side of the photo holders and the pocket.  I cut out tags with my Cricut Maker in different shapes and sizes and placed them throughout my Album.  The always come in handy for holding journaling and photos, or both.


This page has more flip outs for photos.  This Album has plenty of room for landscape or portrait photos.


Under the flip outs on the page, I used part of another Cut Above Layout page.  I used this section for the photo of all our food.  Yep, I will put it all on one page.  Well only when we ate out that is.


I love this pocket page and all the things you can use them for.  I put tickets photos and journaling in them.  Both sides have pockets.


The last pages in the Album is a pull out so you can put more photo or memorabilia.  On the inside back cover is a large pocket for tags, programs, or whatever you want.  I really like how this Album turned out I will do a walk-thru on my YouTube Channel soon.  I will have all the photos in it and embellished so watch for that.

The back cover paper is from my stash and in this photo, you can see the spine.  It is in 3 pieces so it will mold its self to how full the book is.  I will be making more of this size and shape Album.


Here is the front again.  This is by no means finished.  I will keep you posted with a complete walk through when I am done.  So keep checking back.


Here are just some of the Print then Cut items I made with my Cricut Maker to use in my Album.



Thanks for stopping by and looking at all the photos.
Let me know if you have any questions at all.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

  1. Such a great idea for a specialty album. I really like the cut-outs you made with the Cricut, especially the lineup of flip-flops. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brighter1. I love the flip flop banner too. Those are from Photo Play.

      Delete