Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Cellphone Photos or Camera Photos That is the Question?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I don't know about you but I find myself taking pictures with my cellphone more than with my camera.  It is usually handy and I take it with me where ever I go.  That is an excuse more than a reason.
I have a Nikon D600 that I love.  It is 24m and a full frame camera.  I love it!  I have 2 lenses that I use all the time.  One regular one and a telephoto one.  I paid a lot of money for it and I do use it all the time too but it just seem more convenient to just whip out the cell phone and take the shot.  Then you can share it at will.
I do have a WiFi adapter for my D600 but that takes up a lot of space on my phone, because of the high data
file that it takes up.  But it is nice to know you will get a high quality photo that you can reprint at any size you want.  Although I don't find that I do many enlargement.
I recently saw my husbands cousin who is a professional photographer and has her own photography business for over 30 years.  She was kind enough to spend about 4 hours with me going over my camera and some of the settings.  One of her recommendations was to have a UV Protector filter and a hood for each lens.  So I ordered them on Amazon.com and now I am set.  Well at least better protected.
We walked around the neighborhood and talked about ISO, Shutter Speed and Depth of Field.  Luckily I have a Galaxy Note II with the S-pen so I was able to take notes without have to carry a note pad.  Boy did I take a lot of notes.   Patti showed me the ISO button on the back of my camera and boy did I feel dumb.  Yes it is the button that says ISO right on it.  Who would have guessed!  That is what I was trying to figure out how to do.  Oh well!  That is why she gets paid the big bucks.
Needless to say I had a great day with her and my camera.  I just hope I can remember it all.  Good thing I have my notes to fall back on.
I have used only a Nikon camera since 1972.  I started with a Nikon FM and so it was only manual no Auto at all.  I used to develop my own film for years.  So I should know how to use my new camera on the manual modes.  Well I don't.  Not sure why but now it is like Greek to me with all the buttons and knobs.  So this will be a long learning curve.  At least it will be a fun journey to take.
What do you use?
Your Camera?
or
Your Cellphone?
What kind to you have?
I would love to here from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment