Saturday, June 14, 2014

How Has Scrapbooking Improved Your Photography?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...If you have scrapbook'd even a couple of times I bet that your photography has improved.  You'll find that when you look through the lens you will see your image in a whole different light.  (Pun intended!)
If you look at older photos you see that if you had just centered this part and left more room around the image you would have been able to better crop it.  Well with out even realizing it, that is what has happened to me.
I now find that I almost never fill my photo with an image and I do my cropping in my view finder while trying to visualize what my page will look like with this one on it.  Plus I find that I don't zoom all the way in I would rather crop my photo and get more of the details in.  The pixels seem to be better at less than full zoom at about 70%.
I do find that I take more shots, one vertical and one horizontal because it never fails I will need the one I don't have.  I don't do that with every shot but when I take the picture and it was a good one I will take another the other way just in case.  I know that is waste but that is what I have found works for me. I will go back later and delete what I don't need.  I am also more selective with what I take pictures of too.
Here is a cropped photo of the Full Moon last night Friday 13, 2014 at about 10 pm.   I didn't have my tripod so I had to hand hold it and that was why it is not a clear as it could be.

I love taking picture of the Moon.  It always amazes me that you can see all the craters and the dust patterns.  It reminds me of a cantaloupe with the way it looks.

Here is a photo of a Blue Jay at one of the water troughs out back.  I took it at about 8 am.
I was going to crop it down closer to the bird but I love the green Powder River Gate at the back and I wanted to leave some of it in, even if it was just a corner of it.  I love the way it contrasts with the rusty Iron brace to the fence.
I think he was watching me watching him.
I was standing on my deck about 500' away and was shooting through the edge of an Oak Tree.  I love taking photos early in the morning while I have my coffee.
I don't enhance my photos.  Well rarely do I do that.  When I do I am rarely happy with the changes that I have made and usually go back to my original.  Sometime is just looks fake and I don't like that.   Not sure why that is.  I know that most people do like to enhance their photos and that's okay.

What about you.
Do you scrapbook?
What do you do different now than you did before?

No comments:

Post a Comment