Friday, June 22, 2018

For the Love of an Old Suitcase

I have been working on an old suitcase that my Sister-in-law Lani gave me.  She really didn't want to part with it, I could tell.  We have been sharing things with each other from our craftrooms.  I have shared the Happy Mail that she has given me you can see that here.
I loved how the suitcase looked with the leather straps on it.  I forgot to take a picture before I started but got this one that you can see how rough it was.  I decoupaged over the top with some map pages that I ripped up.

I left the handle, corners, and straps exposed because they were leather and still in good shape.  I love how it is turning out.  It is pretty bright white, I am not liking that so much!  I should have coffee dyed the maps before I ripped them up and put them on.  Now I am going to have to stain it or maybe some ink will help.  I will have to explore these possibilities further.  Leave me what you would do in the comments below.  You can see the maps that I coffee dyed here.


I found a Free Printable vintage map of Europe and downloaded it into Design Space and used it on an the background of an image to make various sizes of this Paris image.  I will decoupage the smallest one onto my suitcase.  I will post a photo of it when I have it on the suitcase.


Thanks for stopping by!
Don't forget to follow me on FB here https://www.facebook.com/michelesinkitstampit/
and on Instagam the links are on the right side of my blog.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment