Friday, June 1, 2018

Parchment Paper Bag Decorated

I must be going through my Vintage phase.  I have been coffee dyeing paper, dollies, envelopes, paper towels, map pages.  You name it, I am coffee dyeing it.  LOL!
Today I dyed tulle, cheese cloth and lace that I hung out to dry.  I also made some Parchment Paper bags, all different sizes to have on hand.  I couldn't resist decorating one.


I had some free printable s that I had on hand so I used one of them this one I got it here.  It is a French Laundry invoice.  I tore around the edges in the size that I needed, distressed the edges with CTMH Chocolate Ink and glued it down with Art Glitter Glue.  I cut up lace for the bottom.  I used 2 different scraps.  Then I glued the flowers.  I cut up the cheese cloth that I dyed and used it on the bottom, top, and the side.  I thought I was done but it just needed something else.  I added a little heart charm that I had.  I used the wire I cut off the back of the flower and twisted it around and glued it under the flowers.  I like how that looks.


I found a white flower on my desk.   When I made up my coffee dye I poured some of it into a little spray bottle that I had on hand.  That way I would have it handy to spray on things that needed a more vintage look.  I took the flower outside and set it on the railing of our deck then sprayed it with the coffee mixture and I love how it turned out.


I did end up spraying the bag with just a couple of sprays of coffee too.  I am very happy with the end result.  What do you think?


Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

  1. I love the vintage look. Is this a gift bag? I'm not sure what you plan to do with the project or if you even know but it sounds like and looks like you had great fun putting it together. What an inventive project where you get to simply be creative for creative's sake. I love it! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a bag. You can put it in your journal, or use it link an envelope for a card. I will be putting it in my junk journal and it will hold some ephemera and a journaling card. I am excited to make this junk journal. It will be the first one I will make for myself. I have given all my others away. My next post will be all about how I started it. That should be ready on tuesday.

    ReplyDelete